Time to rug up and warm up with this delicious winter recipe that features multiple health benefits. Loaded with fibre, antioxidants, folate, iron and vitamins A, C, and K, you won't just be satisfying that cold-weather appetite, you're helping to keep your skin glowing and hydrated, you immunes system strong and your digestive tract on track.
CARROT AND LENTIL SOUP
· 1 onion, chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, crushed
· 1 teaspoon grated ginger
· 3 cups vegetable stock
· 1 cup red lentils
· 1 carrot, chopped
· 3 tomatoes, chopped
· 2 teaspoons ground coriander
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· ½ teaspoon turmeric
· ½ cup light coconut milk (optional)
· ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
· Vegetable salt, if desired
· Black pepper
1. Place brown onion, garlic and ginger in a non-stick saucepan.
2. Add stock, lentils, tomatoes and spices
3. Bring to boil and simmer for approximately 45 minutes
4. Add coconut milk and heat through.
5. Season to Taste
6. Garnish with Coriander Leaves
IsoWhey has some wonderful recipe ideas that will keep your readers warm throughout the rainy season while also tackling the age old issue of weight gain in winter.